Careers with Blue Insurance
|Job Title||Department||Employment Type||Date Posted|
|Head of Digital and Marketing, Cover-More Europe||Marketing||Full-Time||26/07/2021|
|Financial Planning & Analysis Manager - EMEA||Finance||Full-Time||26/07/2021|
|Customer Service Executive||Niche Team||Permanent||26/07/2021|
|Software Support Engineer||IT||Permanent||26/07/2021|
|Quality Assurance Engineer||IT||Contract 24 months||26/07/2021|
|Infrastructure Engineer||IT||Contract 24 months||26/07/2021|
Assistant Financial Accountant – Full-time
Blue Insurance is part of CoverMore - a Global Travel Insurance and Medical Assistance company that is headquartered in Sydney. CoverMore is the third largest travel insurance company globally and is part of the Zurich group.
Blue Insurance specialises in a range of insurance products and currently trades in Ireland and UK. Blue Insurance Limited is a leading supplier of Niche Insurance products. Blue Insurance offers Travel, Gadget, Car Hire Excess, Pet, Wedding, Motor Breakdown and Bicycle Insurance products. The company trades under Blue Insurance as well as the familiar brands such as Multitrip.com, Carhireexcess.com, Gadgetinsurance.com, Petinsurance.ie, Weddinginsurance.ie, Motor Breakdown and Bicycleinsurance.ie.
Reporting directly to the Finance Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for preparation of monthly accounts, Balance sheet reconciliation and supporting the Finance Manager with other Finance activities.
We are looking for motivated and hardworking individual with strong attention to detail that is not only able to carry out routine activities but proactively engages in continuous improvement in controls, systems, process, policies etc.
- Preparing and uploading nominal ledger journals to Access Dimensions
- Producing TB ready for management accounts
- Preparation of monthly management accounts
- Preparation and submission of TB’s to head office
- Monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- Preparation of VAT returns
- Preparation of monthly tax accrual
- Managing fixed asset register
- Manage the company bank accounts
- Bank accounts reconciliations
- Assisting with the preparation of statutory accounts
- Liaising with auditors at year-end
- Intercompany reconciliations and group reporting
- Automate reporting and processes as far as is possible
- Systems development & implementation
- Documentation of processes
- Continuous improvement
- Identify and improve controls and systems
- Support the finance manager with other ad-hoc activities
Knowledge and Experience
- Part qualified or finalist accountant
- Accounting standards FRS 102
- Advanced level Excel
- Taxes particularly VAT
- Minimum 3+ years' experience
- Financial services background preferred
- Multinational experience preferred
- Systems – SUN & Access Dimensions would be an advantage
To express your interest in the above role, forward your application together with CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate when you might be available to take up the position.
This is a full-time position with remuneration commensurate to the qualifications and experience of the successful candidate and is located in our head office: Blanchardstown Corporate Park 2, Blanchardstown, Dublin 15.
Blue Insurance Ltd. is an equal opportunities employer.