Car Hire Excess Insurance Claims Procedure
All claims must be notified to the claims administrator, their details are below. You should do this within 31 days of the end of the rental agreement in which the incident happened.
How to Claim
Policies issued on or after 1 March 2020, please contact Defend Insurance Group on telephone 0818 444 210
Policies issued prior 1 March 2020, please contact Sedgwick Claims on telephone 0818 286 529
You will need to supply the following documents:
- The rental agreement.
- Your charge receipt (if separate from the rental agreement).
- Police Report if the incident by law required the Police to attend.
- Photographs of the damage to the rental vehicle (and images of the vehicle before the incident if available)
- The accident report from the car rental company or agency.
- Invoices/Receipts/other documents confirming the amount you have paid in respect of damage for which the car rental company or agency holds you responsible.
- Your credit card statement showing payment of the damages claimed.
You may be required, on request, to provide a copy of your passport, driving licence and proof of residency.
Bank Account Details
Please provide the name and address of your bank together with your sort code and account details. This will assist reimbursement.
Please note: Failure to follow these steps may delay payment of your claim.