Strikes can unfortunately be common place in the aviation industry. Ciaran Mulligan, MD of Blue Insurance knows about this only too well. Recently, he spoke to Fran of the “Tipp Today Show” on Tipp FM to talk about all things travel disruption. He covers upcoming planned airline strikes, weather disruption issues and the importance of having “Travel Disruption Cover” as part of any travel insurance policy. You can hear the the interview in full below.
When it comes to Strike action, Travel Disruption Cover will help travellers in the following ways:
- If your flight is cancelled or delayed for more than 12 hours it covers additional accommodation and travel costs up to €1,000.
- If your flight is cancelled or delayed for more than 12 hours then the traveller can claim back up to €1,000 for irrecoverable unused travel and accommodation costs should you cancel.
- Policy holders can claim back up to €1,000 for accommodation if you must be moved from your current location or cut your trip short because of flood, earthquake, volcanic eruption etc.
- Cancellation or curtailment charges are covered should the Foreign & Commonwealth Office or World Health Organisation advise against travel to the country or specific area you are travelling to.
- Gives you control of the situation and the added security that you have sufficient cover should an airline cancel, delay or redirect your flight after take-off.
There is no cover for claims arising within 7 days of the date you purchase Travel Disruption cover. Further terms, conditions and exclusions apply which can be viewed in the Blue Insurance policy document wording.